In IT Industry, Product Owners- be it the Project Manager or Business Analyst, are mostly from development background. In general, developers have some misconceptions about QA and thus during SDLC, QA either doesn’t find any place or comes at last place in priority list. They have a tendency to think about specialized quality checks as least required thing and they think that it is a waste of time and money and keeping QA away from the project will reduce cost and in turn expect quality to directly come from production teams. Now question arises why they have misconceptions about QA?
Answer: They carry some myths about QA which derive them to think so. Following are some of them.
- Myth: Testing can only start once product is developed –
- Truth: It’s true that testing of the product is based on the source code but several issues can be prevented during requirement review at early phase. And making the test approach and strategy according to the requirement is independent from source code.
- Myth: Any one can test the software application-
- Truth: Testers use their mind very creatively to think differently than developer and including negative and alternative scenarios.
- Myth: Complete testing is possible-
- Truth: There might be several scenarios which can’t be tested during SDLC and only occurs after deployment. ..read full blog at- The role of Quality Assurance Engineer is essential in Initial Business Analysis Meeting